Whether you need a FLU REMEDY, or a delicious HALLOWEEN PARTY DRINK this recipe does it for both! The only question is: "DO YOU DARE?" Be sure your answer is YES. Only read if you dare, or else you will be cursed by both Dracula and the International Association of Superheroes.
I have tried it and it worked for me, so chances are it will work for you, too! Let`s face it. Flu is all around us at this time of the year. It`s our own responsibility to get supercharged by the “superheroes´blood” in order to prevent or cure flu, as well as Dracula`s bite during the Halloween season. I have some good news for you! You might just be able to do both by using the same recipe with a tiny alteration whether you believe it or not.
I was sneezing a lot and felt dizzy, so I told my doctor that I had allergies. He prescribed some allergy medication. My “allergies” didn`t get any better at all. In fact it got worse within 2-3 days 🙁 This is when I realised that I was most likely sick with a flu. It seemed unreal as I haven`t had a flue for over 10 years. It didn`t even cross my mind. This is most likely why I mixed up the symptoms with allergies. I was feeling more and more sick and I was devastated. It was the worst thing that has happened to me in 2017 and I have to admit that I was feeling incredibly sorry for myself. You know how men sometimes have the “manflu”? I think I`ve had what we could call “womanflu”. Seriously! I am not a fan of antibiotics, and I was feeling so sick that going back to the doctors seemed like the challenge of a lifetime anyway. So I started looking for the solution. I immediately texted my friend and explained her my “life threatening” situation. She tends to be good with homeopathy and home remedies that usually work. She responded quickly by sending me the recipe of “The Superhero Blood” cocktail. I was first wondering if she just accidentally mixed up the recipe of my life saving anti-flu drink with some sort of Halloween party drink, or if she was just kidding, but 1.april/Fool`s day was several months ago, so it could not be the case. I texted her back to double check…and she assured me that this was the right anti-flu remedy as well as a Halloween Party drink to spice up my Halloween party after I recovered. She also said that this would make it more “fun” to be sick and I would feel less sorry for myself. “Yeah, right…fun” was my first reaction. I was feeling crap and she was writing about “fun”. It didn`t make sense. I had nothing to loose, so despite being surprised and honestly doubting the result of the recipe she had sent me, I started making “The Superhero Blood”. Luckily I had all the ingredients at home as I was feeling too sick to go to the grocery store.
I hope you are ready for this recipe, which supercharged me. I can still feel it.
1. Garlic (optional: this one is most important, if you must protect yourself from Dracula`s bite 😉 )
4. Turmeric and pepper (pepper helps the absorption of turmeric)
7. Coconut Oil
8. Almond Milk (or Coconut Milk or just regular milk)
1. Pomegranate Juice (as natural colouring; it will turn your drink into red as blood)
2. Eyeballs, teeth, spiders or syringe (as Halloween decoration for your flu remedy. You can decorate and serve it in many different ways:) )
3. Melted chocolate, whipped cream (optional)
4. Whiskey (only for the party cocktail version)
1. Garlic press
2. Lemon juicer
3. Pan, knife
4. Cup, bowl or cocktail glass
Preparation of the Superhero Blood Cocktail
1. Press every drop of juice out of the of the SUPERHEROES 1-4 from the list above (garlic, lemon, ginger and turmeric). I use the juicer for the lemon and the garlic press for the garlic, ginger and turmeric). I know it`s unusual to use the garlic press for the ginger and turmeric, but it works!
2. Boil water
3. Add the juice of superheroes 1-4 and the rest of the SUPERHEROES 5-8 from the list above (honey, cinnamon,coconut oil, almond milk)
4. It`s optional to add the OTHER STUFF 1-4 from the list above (Halloween decoration, whipped cream, melted chocolate and whiskey) according to your taste 😉 Please remember that the whiskey is only for the party version…
There are many ways to decorate your Superhero Blood Cocktail. This is the fun part, you see..I didn`t understand this until I got to the point of adding the “other stuff”…because I could get as creative as I wanted by decorating my Superhero Blood and it distracted me from feeling sorry for myself, so I was automatically feeling better ;). The good & healthy stuff is in there no matter if you serve it hot or cold 🙂 Here are some ideas to help you get started:
Served chilled in medical tube shots (alternatively in syringes) at the theme party of doctors and nurses:
Served in a martini glass and decorated with delicious mystery eyes.
If you are fond of hot chocolate then this is your version! On this picture you can see how to decorate it to look like a delicious hot chocolate.
Punch version with the HELPing hands…
Luckily the Superheroes blood supercharged me in no time and it was delicious! I reckon it can do the same for you. Hope you get well soon and/or that you enjoy your Halloween party! 🙂