This week we offer you the opportunity to invest in yourself by indulging in your very own homemade creamy almond butter by using this simple recipe. Engage your senses by experiencing the difference of texture, smell, taste and quality. Give it a try!
We love to cook our food from scratch as much as possible as both taste and quality is much better. We suggest the same to you 🙂 As a result of this you will eat fresh with being certain of what you fuel your body with to stay energised and focused throughout the day.
Making a positive change in your life and diet is incredibly easy with the right motivation and of course great recipes to help you preparing delicious meals. How many of you have not tried nut butter, yet? You can now gain an incredible experience of texture, smell, taste and quality by engaging your senses while making and tasting this dish. Give it a try!
Today we will show you how to prepare almond butter. It is a perfect recipe for the whole family and specially for kids. Once you prepare it, you will also se how easy it is to combine it with for example toasts, smoothies, bowls with fruit, dressings, fresh fruit and, yes… almost with everything 😉
Almond has many health benefits as it is rich in magnesium, vitamin E and calcium. Furthermore, almonds helps to prevent heart disease, control blood sugar levels, assist with weight loss and prevents overeating and even it helps with inflammation in the body.
To keep in shape we recommend you 15mg a day (1 teaspoon). Although its healthy fat we do not want to overeat 😉
Are you ready for the recipe? 🙂
– 2 cups of organic almonds
This is how you prepare it at home:
1) Pre heat the oven at 200ºC (fan up and down)
2) Cover the oven tray with oven paper
3) Put the almonds in the tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when they are ready and let them cool.
4) Blend in a food processor for 15 minutes until smooth. It might be that you need a little bit more time depending on the texture of the almonds. During this process, you will need to stop at least 2 times so that you mix the almond butter with a spatula, so you make sure it blends nicely together. (If you do not have a food processor, then you can use a blender, but it might take a little bit longer this way. Remember to stop every 5 minutes to cool down to prevent it from overheating).
5) When ready, transfer it to a glass bootle with lid and refrigerate.
It will remain in perfect conditions for 1 month in your refrigerator 🙂