Without ginger bread there is no Christmas! Nothing beats the smell of all the spices used for gingerbread around the house. Here is how you prepare it the healthy way...
The gingerbread that we prepared is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. An excellent choice this time of the year, when we usually eat more than normal, so they are a great option for the whole family this time of the year.
We use quinoa flour, which is one of our favourites, as we love the taste off it and it has a lot of benefits for our health. It is a complete protein source, it has 20 amino acids, including the 10 essential acids our body doesn’t produce on its own.
As sweetener we use dark molasses that helps to combat stress, stabilises blood sugar levels, helps us preventing cancer and promoting skin health.
Gluten-free Gingerbread Man Cookies
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
• 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
• 1/3 cup Dark Molasses
• 1 & 1/2 cup Quinoa Flour
• 1 & 1/2 cup Plant based protein (you can substitute per rice flour if you do not want to use protein)
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 3 tsp Ginger
• 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp Allspice
• 1/4 tsp Cloves
1) Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Chill dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
3) Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
4) Roll out dough and cut into gingerbread men with a cookie cutter.
5) Place it on non-stick baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes 🙂