You know the saying “prevention is better than cure”. Easier said than done, right?!
Well, let`s find out about the best way to do it.
Here is your recipe for prevention to getting sick during this autumn.
It´s normal that we get sick with the changes of the weather and the temperature dropping, especially when summer turns into autumn/winter. Today we will give you some tips that you can implement as prevention by boosting your body (or as soon as you start feeling the first symptoms).
– Firstly, you have to increase your water intake, better if its at room temperature as it helps you to stay hydrated and to eliminate excessive mucus.
– Drink ginger tea at least 3 cups a day (you can prepare it with 1 ginger peeled with 500 ml of purified water, give it a boil for about an hour and then reduce it to low-medium temperature. You can add 1 tablespoon of honey, that helps you to clear your throat from viruses and bacteria.
Ginger can prevent and help you break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs, that make you susceptible to infections, especially in the respiratory system as well as it cleanses your lymphatic system.
– Probiotics help us to build a stronger immune system. Important that you always have these in your fridge, if it`s liquid. You can also get probiotics in form of a tablet. Watch out for the different ones for kids and adults! If you do not have probiotics you can exchange it for a greek organic yoghurt that has probiotics in it as well.
– Garlic is a natural antibiotic. You can take it in early morning, a raw clove or in natural pills (if you have sensitive stomach please have breakfast first and then eat the garlic).
– Peppermint essential oil: Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil melted and 1 drop peppermint essential oil and mix them. Apply this at the base of the feet, back and onto the chest. Only for above age 7!
– Eat fresh fruits, especially berries as they are full of antioxidants (we recommend as much as possible organic). They are full of vitamins and help you to recover much faster. You can make smoothies or juices.
– Use saline nasal spray, it`s great for cleaning your nose and eliminates toxins.
– Take 1000 gr. of vitamin C / day to boost your immune system. It decreases severity and duration of colds.
– Sleep is one of the best remedies. It helps the body to rest and recover, so sleep as much as you need:)
Stay healthy this autumn 🙂