Start your day the best possible way with this delicious and nutritious breakfast. It will kick start your day with positive energy overload ;)
Do you want a delicious and nutritious breakfast to enjoy together with your family? It will provide you with energy, it`s full of healthy carbohydrates that does not spike your levels of insulin in your body, does`t contain refined sugars, gluten or dairy… it`s a health bomb =)
It`s excellent both for adults and kids. Everyone will love them as you can personalise the toppings, such as raw chocolate chips, red fruits, bee pollen or quinoa puffs.
In this recipe we included flax seeds, because they are low carb, as well as full of fiber and antioxidants, that helps us to lower our bad cholesterol.
Oats have a lot of benefits to our health. See some of them bellow:
– Improves digestion – provides a good daily dose of fiber in order to maintain regular bowel movements and detox your body
– Increases our immune system – by fighting bacterial infection and lowering inflammation that is the root cause of most diseases
– Has a low glycemic index – provides slow-releasing carbohydrates, so they do not spike your sugar intake. That is one of the reasons why we love having them for breakfast, or before a workout.
– Higher source of protein, together with fruit and plant based milk – makes an excellent breakfast and kick starts your day!
Oat Porridge – Full Day Energy
• 1 banana
• 1 medjool date pitted
• 1 cup of plant based milk
• 1/2 cup oats
• 2 tablespoons flax seed (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Maple syrup
• Toppings: berries, fruit, raw chocolate chips, raw caramel, bee pollen
1. Blend the banana, dates and milk until smooth in your food processor / mixer
2. Heat up a pot and put the banana mix inside. Add the oats as soon as the pot is a little bit warm. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
3. The texture will start to get creamy. You can turn off the heat when you reach your desired consistency (between 8 to 10 minutes).
4. Add flax seeds, cinnamon and vanilla, then mix all.
5. Transfer to a bowl and decorate with your favourite toppings 🙂